Photo

NetScaler 11.1 is Here! (Feedback/Comments/Issues)

Started by Ayd Asraf , 01 July 2016 - 08:29 PM
52 replies to this topic

Stephen D. Holder Members

Stephen D. Holder
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 02:46 PM

We have two 11515 MPX’s in HA pair. I attempted to upgrade one NetScaler from 11.0 build 65.31 to 11.1 build 48.10 F per Citrix with the ‘stayseconday rule

My first time around I tried through the GUI which turned into a bricked HDD and required a RMA from Citrix.

Second time around I tried the recommend / preferred CLI method. I think I got further (it appeared to install this time) but after reboot I’m no longer able to load to a GUI page or receive pings from my NSIP.  

The LOM is accessible but after BIOS, input keys do not work and the screen displays a flashing cursor at a boot menu. I never receive the MOTD or log-in prompt. This situation looks suspiciously like another thread I posted a while back.  I’ll work with my datacenter tech and see if they can do the “initial” setup. Maybe the install wiped out something and requires someone to physically be there to initially set it up again?

Stephen D. Holder Members

Stephen D. Holder
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 07:52 PM

Greetings,

So this is a follow up from my other message. I worked with my data center tech and we got nowhere after a CLI attempt to upgrade one of our 11515 NetScaler's to 11.1.  The on-site tech reported, upon reboot, the LCD displays some booting info (jpg1). After 5-8 minutes the LCD darkens (jpg2) while still displaying text.

Logging into the LOM the Netscaler is unresponsive after the BIOS screen completes POST. It displays a flashing cursor (jpg3)  and remains this way until a reboot is initiated. Putty is unresponsive and we are not able to ping the device --  looking like It’s a RMA of the HDD.

Has anyone else experience this?  Does anyone know if I'll be able to clone the HDD once I get a replacement? It really would save time in troubleshooting the upgrade process, having it fail, and requesting another RMA.

Attached Thumbnails

• jpg1.jpg
  • jpg2.jpg
  • jpg3.jpg

Stéphane Pietrzykowski Members

Stéphane Pietrzykowski
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

Hi,

It is possible that the upgrade fail and the kernel is not loading. I had this issue two years ago and followed this blog : http://www.parmiter.com/citrix/netscaler/2013/01/RP797

Regards,

Damien Law Members

Damien Law
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 07:19 AM

I've had a strange time creating certificates with NS 11.1 

Trying to follow the wizards exactly and create a DES challenge PW and then trying to install it, when I get my CA back, I find there is no place to enter the challenge PW. It even barks at me, that I need one but alas no place to put it.

The GUI has changed around so much from 10.1 to 11.0 that I gave up and wound up doing it command line.

I wish the guys would have left the GUI for certificates alone, it was fine before in 11.0. Now its a bit confusing.

Not to mention there is no longer any way in the GUI to generate RSA/DSA keys or a CSR without going through the wizards - at least OpenSSL interface is still there.

The wizards are a PITA.

Damien Law Members

Damien Law
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:59 AM

Using 11.1.51.21 just noticed that the refresh button for monitor  (service or service groups) is no longer there - was kind of handy when testing or checking monitor probe counts.  Now you have to hit the back button then re-open the bound monitors view.

Paul Blitz Members

Paul Blitz
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:31 PM

Not to mention there is no longer any way in the GUI to generate RSA/DSA keys or a CSR without going through the wizards - at least OpenSSL interface is still there.

The wizards are a PITA.

Look under "SSL Files".... 3 tabs for keys, CSRs and Certificates. In there you'll find you can create the keys / csrs / certs.

Arnaud Pain Members

Arnaud Pain
  • 416 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 02:11 AM

There is some bug with the latest firmware, 2 identified for now and know as bug by Citrix:

• When you enable SSL Profile, even if you can create a new SSL Profile, you can’t bind it to a NSG Virtual Server you receive an error
  • When you use the XenMobile Wizard to create a NetScaler Gateway, on the third step, Authentication after adding an existing server or creating a new server when you click on Continue you receive an error

Next release Version 11.1 Build 52.24 will solve but no ETA for now.

Christoph Sinabell Members

Christoph Sinabell
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

When logging in with IE11: Error:

Error in response: /nitro/v1/config/sslfips.
Response status: ??? (-425)

Chrome works.

Hi! If you get errors like this make sure there is no proxy between you and the Netscaler (configured or transparent) when accessing the WebGUI it can cause similar issues.

Tim Denholm Members

Tim Denholm
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:35 PM

There is some bug with the latest firmware, 2 identified for now and know as bug by Citrix:

• When you enable SSL Profile, even if you can create a new SSL Profile, you can’t bind it to a NSG Virtual Server you receive an error
  • When you use the XenMobile Wizard to create a NetScaler Gateway, on the third step, Authentication after adding an existing server or creating a new server when you click on Continue you receive an error

Next release Version 11.1 Build 52.24 will solve but no ETA for now.

We've just encountered the SSL Profile/NSGW binding issue in 11.0.69.12 as well.

Damien Law Members

Damien Law
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 08:14 AM

Look under "SSL Files".... 3 tabs for keys, CSRs and Certificates. In there you'll find you can create the keys / csrs / certs.

Thanks, the new layout is taking time to get used to.

Marco Zimmermann Members

Marco Zimmermann
  • 388 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:59 AM

Hi, 

just did a fresh install of NS11.1 51.26.nc - the new notification icon shows a notification, that update 51.26 is available.

Sth wrong here?

Neil Burton Members

Neil Burton
  • 68 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

I've had the notification update showing too - in an environment isolated from the internet - not sure what's going on there.

Can I make the suggestion that the new HTTP redirect feature on LB SSL vServers is also extended to CS SSL vServers?  This would cut down the number of entities I manage.

Benjamin Toelle Members

Benjamin Toelle
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

NS11.1 51.26.nc

Crashes unexpectedly several times. Case has opened.

//Edit

Technical support respone / new issue:

"The issue seems to have been caused by the FEO feature on the NetScaler

Dev advises to disable this feature to prevent the crashes, as a current workaround..."

//Edit2

11.1 build 53.x should fix the issue wich is expected to release 2nd week of April...