Photo

NetScaler 11.1 is Here! (Feedback/Comments/Issues)

Started by Ayd Asraf , 01 July 2016 - 08:29 PM
52 replies to this topic

Matt Sliva Members

Matt Sliva
  • 99 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 09:08 PM

I tested the upgrade from latest 11.0 to 11.1:

- receiver for mac doesn't work anymore

- receiver for web has its logon page wrong. The logon form is on top off the page and a part isn't even readable.

Davy,

Check one of my posts above about a Receiver for Mac work around if need be. Basically I had success with HTTP instead of HTTPS for the Storefront LB in the Session Profile for Native Receiver.

Marco Zimmermann Members

Marco Zimmermann
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:50 AM

Chrome freezing when validation LDAP config

Neil Burton Members

Neil Burton
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:06 PM

Upgrading one of my SDX11542 from 11.0 to 11.1 has caused LACP problems for 10Gbps ports connected to Brocade ICX.

Jenna Egly Members

Jenna Egly
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 06:20 PM

I created 2 11.1 instances to load balance services that require SNI on backend services (F5 replacement). I have been waiting on this feature for awhile and fortunately it seems to be working fine.

I also updated my dev environment and noticed a few bugs within the GUI. I haven't tested all use cases but it seems to be more stable than 11.0 or 10.5 when they were first released.

Dan Dill Members

Dan Dill
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:02 PM

Upgrading from 11.0.6434 to any of the later 11.0 releases broke my Netscaler Gateway STA communication, I had hoped that 11.1 would resolve this but unfortunately it does not.  Sigh.

I am connecting to two STAs running XA65 and one STA running XA76 over HTTPS.  For some reason after the 11.1 upgrade one of my STAs shows as up but the other two show as down.  And even though one STA shows as up the gateway doesn't work properly.

I have a support ticket open on it (71114215) so we'll see where that goes.

Wish I could get paid for doing the QA for Citrix releases since I feel like I'm doing some of the work.

Davy Priem Members

Davy Priem
  • 180 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:04 PM

More bugs discovered:

- on my pc with belgian keyboard layout I'm not able to enter any IP-address in Netscaler when I press shift + number. I have to type it in on notepad or in the address field on top and copy paste it on de netscaler appliance site. When using the numeric keypad on keyboard it does works.

- When adding a new server (not vserver) and selecting an existant server (as template), you get the error 'Argument pre-requisite missing [translationMask, translationIP]'. This happens when using server FQDN instead of IP.

Ayd Asraf Members

Ayd Asraf
  • 91 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 12:18 AM

I did the upgrade to one of our main Appliances that heavily utilizes AAA features and sadly a crash loop started, case has been opened with Citrix, once i have a word from them will share what is the issue and if there are any workarounds. 

Neil Burton Members

Neil Burton
  • 70 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:43 AM

Upgrading one of my SDX11542 from 11.0 to 11.1 has caused LACP problems for 10Gbps ports connected to Brocade ICX.

The LACP issue has been resolved by reforming the LAG on the switch side with long (instead of short) timeout and then re-configuring the SDX and instances accordingly.

New bug found in SDX SVM - when logging in with an LDAP authenticated account and a member of a group with the 'admin' role, and clicking on the NSIP of an instance to perform single sign-on, I get the error "readonly user cannot perform this operation".  Yet I can deploy instances and make other changes which are inconsistent with the readonly role.

If I login with the local nsroot account it works normally.

I also have to say, I don't like the web UI changes one bit.  11.0 used to fit so much more info on an admittedly rather low res display.  Now I have to scroll all over the place.  The UI in 11.0 was finally decent and usable - why go to great length to break it!

Yann Michalak Members

Yann Michalak
  • 184 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 04:37 PM

Hi everyone,

@Dan Dill.....

Upgrading from 11.0.6434 to any of the later 11.0 releases broke my Netscaler Gateway STA communication, I had hoped that 11.1 would resolve this but unfortunately it does not.  Sigh.

I am connecting to two STAs running XA65 and one STA running XA76 over HTTPS.  For some reason after the 11.1 upgrade one of my STAs shows as up but the other two show as down.  And even though one STA shows as up the gateway doesn't work properly.

I have a support ticket open on it (71114215) so we'll see where that goes.

Wish I could get paid for doing the QA for Citrix releases since I feel like I'm doing some of the work.

• Do you have a feedback from Citrix Support ?
  • Same problem here after Netscaler upgrade 11.0.65.35. STA connection with Netscaler is unstable and sometimes STA appears DOWN.

Thx ;-)

Dan Dill Members

Dan Dill
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

Citrix support eventually used these commands to affect the back-end communication:

set ssl parameter montls1112disable ENABLED
set ssl parameter svctls1112disable ENABLED

These commands are mentioned here: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX205578 which also says that 11.0.6535 resolves this issue (ID # 600155) so not sure if perhaps the bug came back up with the 11.1 code?  I see there is a 5-day old new build for 11.1, though no mention of this issue from what I can see.

Hope this helps.

Yann Michalak Members

Yann Michalak
  • 184 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:17 PM

Ok Thx @Dan Dill :D

Brice Long Members

Brice Long
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 03:10 PM

I'm also getting the

Insight Center has detected the ICA sessions that do not support logging, corresponding reports will not be available warning.

I see details for XenDesktop sessions, but not for XenApp applications.  All users connect through the same gateway.  This is a new install, not an upgrade. This is for NetScaler 11 build 63.16.nc, Insight 11.1.48.10, and XenDesktop 7.6.3.

Paul Blitz Members

Paul Blitz
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 03:41 PM

Dan: so, the explanation seems to be simple: Microsoft didn't implement an RFC correctly.

Anyone surprised? :P

Dan Dill Members

Dan Dill
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:14 PM

Paul: I haven't fully dug into the underlying issue looking at packet traces and such, and Citrix didn't provide specifics, so I think it's more accurate to say that it's most likely a Microsoft OR a Citrix issue.  I don't have information that it's one or the other so given what I have seen I would not support an explanation that it's definitely a Microsoft issue (just as I wouldn't say it's definitely a Citrix issue).

Of course performing some packet captures and analysis would provide a definitive answer should someone want to get to the bottom of it.  For me the workaround which got the Microsoft and Citrix services to talk to each other got me on my way, so I didn't go deeper into this one.

Aaron O'Reilly Members

Aaron O'Reilly
  • 198 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:24 AM

Not functional issue, just a display one (was there in v11.0 too). The tooltips/help text for the TLSv1.1 and TLSv1.2 checkboxes in the SSL Parameters still say only supported on MPX and explicitly not VPX.  Pretty sure TLS on VPX has been supported since 10.5.

Brian Frabl Members

Brian Frabl
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 02:05 AM

I've had a strange time creating certificates with NS 11.1 

Trying to follow the wizards exactly and create a DES challenge PW and then trying to install it, when I get my CA back, I find there is no place to enter the challenge PW. It even barks at me, that I need one but alas no place to put it.

The GUI has changed around so much from 10.1 to 11.0 that I gave up and wound up doing it command line.

I wish the guys would have left the GUI for certificates alone, it was fine before in 11.0. Now its a bit confusing.

Pankaj Kumar Citrix Employees

Pankaj Kumar
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:13 AM

Hi Brian,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Will it be possible to send full screenshot of failure page to my mail id pankaj.kumar@citrix.com?

I've had a strange time creating certificates with NS 11.1 

Trying to follow the wizards exactly and create a DES challenge PW and then trying to install it, when I get my CA back, I find there is no place to enter the challenge PW. It even barks at me, that I need one but alas no place to put it.

The GUI has changed around so much from 10.1 to 11.0 that I gave up and wound up doing it command line.

I wish the guys would have left the GUI for certificates alone, it was fine before in 11.0. Now its a bit confusing.

Matti Haapala Members

Matti Haapala
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 12:49 PM

Also suffering AAA crash loop.. started after an upgrade from 11.0 to 11.1.

Chuck Snyder Members

Chuck Snyder
  • 89 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:23 PM

I did the upgrade to one of our main Appliances that heavily utilizes AAA features and sadly a crash loop started, case has been opened with Citrix, once i have a word from them will share what is the issue and if there are any workarounds. 

Having the same issue I think.   Have a case open with Citrix, did they provide you with any updates or workaround?

dstenlu963 Members

Daniel Stenlund
  • 200 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 06:51 AM

To follow up on this, I was able to get Receiver for Mac working by re-configuring my Session Profile for Receiver. I changed the Web Interface Address and Account Services Addess fields from the secure FQDN for the Storefront load balancer to an unsecured IP address of the Storefront load balancer. 

Hi Matt,

this occured for me too. Prior to the upgrade fqdn to the storefront LB worked but after update to 11.1 NetScaler couldn't resolve the FQDN or something simlar. Had to set http://IP-adress in both web as well as my client profile. Then it worked.