Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Installing HDX RealTime Media Engine via GPO

Andy White1709154166

Question

Hello,

I normally install software to users PCs via a GPO, it's very easy with MSI files, however I can never install the "Citrix HDX RealTime Media Engine.msi" file.  I driving me crazy, any other MSI I'm trying is installing.

GPresults even shows the policy is being applied.

Has anyone successfully install this msi before for a GPO?

Thanks

9 answers to this question

Hi Andy.

Have you tried my suggestion from yesterday to check if the MSI is not blocked by smart filter? .MSI -> Properties -> "Unblock". Usually this is set automatically if the MSI is copied to/from a network drive.

Else I'll test this over the weekend for you in our lab.

Daniel

I know this thread is quite old but I'm having the same issue in my environment. I can apply/install another MSI (7zip) from the same share within the same policy, but the Media Engine MSI won't install. Also, the file doesn't seem to be blocked. Is there any way to get this going? I would rather not deploy it via msiexec-Startupscript. 

1 hour ago, Alexander Weber said:

I know this thread is quite old but I'm having the same issue in my environment. I can apply/install another MSI (7zip) from the same share within the same policy, but the Media Engine MSI won't install. Also, the file doesn't seem to be blocked. Is there any way to get this going? I would rather not deploy it via msiexec-Startupscript. 

What is the failure error? Is there anything in event viewer? 

Regards,

Daniel 

On 3/26/2019 at 3:48 PM, Alexander Weber said:

It's a fresh install of 2.4.2000

Interesting because there are no other reports of such an issue. 

Did you try nay other version? Just to narrow it down to this MSI maybe. If it fails with other versions as well then it must be something environmental. 

Regards,

Daniel 

Archived