Welcome to our new Citrix community!

A protocol error occured while communicating with the Authentication Service

nick d

I keep getting this error message when trying to setup Receiver 4.4 to connect to Netscaler 11 with storefront. Everything works fine using a browser.

I have checked that the URL for the store is not reachable from outside as well as the callback URL is correct. Beacons are also correct with Internal not reachable from outside.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached the receiver log file.

Thanks,

Nick

receiverlog.txt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I enabled Authentication logging on the client. It is getting an unexpected server response was received Status='404'.

It is trying to connect to https://storeurl/Citrix/Authentication/Auth/V1/token.

Trying to browse to this also results in a 404 page not found.

Looking at my storefront server toke validation service URL, it is listed as https://storeurl/Citrix/storenameauth/auth/V1/token/validate.

These are obviously different. I have tried creating a new store and the same thing happens. The Token Validation Service is always created with storenameAuth/Auth/V1/Token/Validate.

For some reason the client is being given the incorrect URL. Anyone know how I can change this?

Nick

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

We are seeing the exact same issue with NetScaler 11 and StoreFront 3.5 as Nick documented in this thread.  The activation .cr file works fine but you got receive the protocol error when typing in the FQDN into Citrix Receiver.

Is this a bug?  

thanks,

Larry

I have opened a case with Citrix support. So far they have determined that this is a Netscaler issue and not StoreFront as I previously thought. Waiting to hear back from them today. So far they have been unable to duplicate the issue in their environment.

Nick

We're trying to get single sign on working and its affecting this setup too.  So weird that the .cr file works fine but typing in the fqdn (which is probably how SSON works and  part of setup with GPO) doesn't work.

thanks for logging the call.  So if it helps you, you can share I have the latest netscaler 11.65 release and storefront 3.5 with xenapp 7.8

I see others with this problem from time to time too in the forums.  This is a new install.

Larry

So far Citrix support has not been able to figure it out. They want to recreate my Netscaler virtual server from scratch without using the wizard. They think that the wizard may have some kind of bug that is causing this. I will let you know if this fixes it.

Nick

Hello,

We built out our virtual server WITHOUT the wizard and have the same issue at a couple installs so I don't think the wizard has anything to do with it Nick.  Feel free to have Citrix reach out to me to look at my install to gather any information on this issue.  LHeier@decisvieitsolutions.com or I can open up my own ticket on this issue and try to link it to your case #.  Let me know offline if you want.

Larry 

I have figured out what the problem is. (No thanks to Citrix support). Its a bug. Just waiting to get a fix from them. The issue is that if you delete the default store that is created when you install Storefront, it breaks authentication. If you edit the default store or leave it as is and add your own store, everything works fine. Once you delete the default store, Authentication is broken. You can fix this by uninstalling Storefront and reinstalling it but I want a fix as I have already customized this store. I figured this out by installing a new Storefront server that worked fine until I deleted that default store called "Store Service"

Nick

• Like 3

Nick,

That makes complete sense and we thought it had something to do with a fresh install.  The places where its working are on Storefronts that were upgraded from V2.x (think the issue exists on 3.0x too in some fashion).  We deleted the default store on the earlier version then upgraded.

These two cases where we have issues it was a new install of Storefront 3.5.  When did Citrix say a new StoreFront release or bug fix would be released??

thanks again,

Larry

Nick,

Here's what we learned leveraging your earlier advice.  Remove StoreFront from add/remove programs on new installs of XenApp 7.8 that install StoreFront automatically on the packaged install.  Then install StoreFront 3.5 manually and you can create your own store cleanly in that manner.

The issue seems to be caused by the automatic Storefront install and configure via the XenApp 7.8 media.

-Larry

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not that I know.  As you're not in production I'd simply uninstall and reinstall.  Storefront 3.6 should be out fairly soon and maybe that will resolve this issue if anyone else creates this issue with the deletion of the default site.

Larry