Photo

Xendesktop 7.6 Philips Speechmike Buttons

Started by Kelly Jones , 28 September 2015 - 10:07 AM
7 replies to this topic

Kelly Jones Members

Kelly Jones
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:07 AM

has anyone managed to get the buttons working on xendesktop in optimised mode?

Ryan Goldstein Members

Ryan Goldstein
  • 299 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 02:14 PM

Windows 7/8 VDI? or RDS?  Are you using USB bus redirection if your using VDI?

I don't know what optimized mode refers to? the codec? broken up HDX channels? 

Adam Shattuck Members

Adam Shattuck
  • 360 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:13 PM

VDI: yes.

RDS: I don't think it's possible to get anything more than the basic features. It's been about 8 months since I set all this up. 

I believe by "Optimised" mode you mean going through the Dragon speech recognition wizard successfully, is that correct?

Erik Bakker Members

Erik Bakker
  • 185 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 06:27 PM

yeah i have it working (the buttons) but not in optimized mode only 'generic'  (optimized the speechmike doest work properly when using USB redirection

one thing to note is that you need receiver 3.4.400 (as it includes a client side hotfix required for the speechmike to work)

Kelly Jones Members

Kelly Jones
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 09:04 AM

i want to get the buttons working in optimised mode, it all works in generic mode (as you would expect) but the audio quality is poor as its across the WAN

Brian Forst Members

Brian Forst
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:09 PM

Any advancement on this?  I have only been able to get this to work with Generic.  Even if I can get it to switch to generic automatically would be fine for us.  I have it set to automatically pass through and its locked so it always passes through when connected, but the buttons work unless its switched from optimized to Generic.

Kelly Jones Members

Kelly Jones
  • 215 posts

Posted 19 January 2017 - 03:22 PM

are you using this with Bighand?

IT Dept Members

IT Dept
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread but we have recently embarked on a Windows 7 VDI pilot project, which includes a load of dictation users and are also having problems with the buttons on Philips Speechmike III devices and Philips 23xx foot pedals. The speaker and mic side of the device always works perfectly but the record light doesn't light up and the control buttons either do not work at all or produce weird effects.

If you spend ages un-plugging and re-plugging in the device and sometimes even rebooting the Thin PC then eventually they may work as expected but then more often than not they stop working again.

We use them with BigHand v4.6.5b3 and we're using HDX-optimised streams as that is what is recommended by BigHand to keep audio quality at its best. It is the control side of the device which does not work consistently enough to continue the project for the affected users.

Anyone got any bright ideas?