Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Is it possible to redirect HID USB in Citrix Xenapp 7.6?

Naveen Rana1709156204

Question

Hi,

Is it possible to redirect HID USB in Citrix Xenapp 7.6?

We are using Topaz Signature USB pads

It is a USB-connected pad which uses the Human Interface Device (HID)-type of USB driver built into Windows and other leading operating systems and computers.

We have allowed all USB redirection Policies and USB Rules along with VID & PID

It gets redirected on 7.6 Desktop OS but not on 7.6 Server VDA

Please suggest if there's any limitations for the same or any extra configurations needs to be done.

10 answers to this question

What OS is your Server VDA? It needs to be 2012 R2.

Hi Carl,

Currently, we are using Windows 2008R2.

Can you describe on what functionality does it work which is missing in 2008R2 (Is it Microsoft RemoteFX Remote USB Redirection or Citrix Generic USB Redirection based on MS architecture)

The reason, we have USB Keyboards and Other few devices which redirects in 2008R2 as well.

Or what Does Topaz exactly require.

Ryan, we do have server component installed but fails to redirect.

You also have the topez "sigsock" endpoint client installed on LOCAL windows OS that is used to launch the session.

Topez or whatever company is supplying the sig pads are usually helpful in troubleshooting. 

I would suggest taking a step back and setting it up clean in a lab or dedicated instance, i know with topez the installation order is very important and signatures will not work if items are not installed in the correct order.

• Like 1

I have a client who has over 100 Topaz T-S460-HSB-R (this one uses HID USB) devices he needs to put the main program on RDSH and be stuck with this model. No solution work. We have contacted Topaz and they only provide a conversion program if the device is still under warranty (exchange the HSB with the BSB which is compatible with remote environment using COM port redirection) .

Finally I have to develop a driver wrapper for them with Virtual Channel SDK. The best thing about this is it will work with all Topaz Signature Pad models

Regards

Thomas Tran

Free tools for Citrix & RDP

http://www.mqtechnologies.com

• Like 1

I have a client who has over 100 Topaz T-S460-HSB-R (this one uses HID USB) devices he needs to put the main program on RDSH and be stuck with this model. No solution work. We have contacted Topaz and they only provide a conversion program if the device is still under warranty (exchange the HSB with the BSB which is compatible with remote environment using COM port redirection) .

Finally I have to develop a driver wrapper for them with Virtual Channel SDK. The best thing about this is it will work with all Topaz Signature Pad models

Regards

Thomas Tran

Free tools for Citrix & RDP

http://www.mqtechnologies.com

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your tools. I have download it and to study.

These is another questions maybe you can help. Could i hold the data during signing on local client and just send up the finally picture data after signed to the XenApp Server, to avoid mass flow transport between client and server.