Photo

Multiple XenDPriv.exe on XenApp 6.5 after XenTools Update XS 6.2

Started by Ryan Barrick , 26 May 2015 - 12:25 PM
10 replies to this topic

Ryan Barrick Members

Ryan Barrick
  • 129 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 12:25 PM

Hello, I have two XenApp 6.5 servers, one has had the XenTools upgraded to the latest version after installing hotfix XS62ESP1006 through XS62ESP1021 and updated drivers from 009 on XenServer 6.2. The XenApp server that has had the tools upgraded is showing close to 30 XenDPriv.exe processes running with about 20 users logged into the server. The server that has not had the tools upgraded is showing only one XenDPriv.exe process running with about 15 users logged into the server.

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Mark Renouf Members

Mark Renouf
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:39 PM

We are seeing the same issue.  The issue started after upgrading xentools with the version that was included with XS62ESP1020. Everytime a user logs in another XenDPriv.exe process starts.  The process never closes when the user logs off.  We opened a case with Citrix.  Temporarily we have disabled the Citrix Xen Guest Agent service and killed the processes.  

Ryan Barrick Members

Ryan Barrick
  • 129 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 01:35 PM

There seems to be some major issues with this release of the XenTools. We have had 4 different servers blue screen when trying to upgrade to this version along with the XenDPriv.exe issue on the XenApp 6.5 servers. We have stopped upgrading the XenTools on clients for now until Citrix puts out a fix/new version because we don't trust the tools with XS62ESP1020.

Niklas Åhden Members

Niklas Åhden
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 05:34 PM

We are seeing this aswell on XenServer 6.2 with all the hotfixes installed.

Tobias Kreidl CTP Member

Tobias Kreidl
  • 17,951 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 06:11 PM

There was a specific hotfix for XS 6.5 SP1 regarding Xentools: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX142583 .

After installing it, the XenTool installation issues for Windows went away for us.

-=Tobias

Niklas Åhden Members

Niklas Åhden
  • 242 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 04:17 PM

Too bad my hardware isnt on the HCL for XenServer 6.5 then :-(
//Niklas

Tobias Kreidl CTP Member

Tobias Kreidl
  • 17,951 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

Niklas,

Well, just because it isn't on the HCL doesn't mean that it won't work -- only that it's not been verified. IMO, it would be worth trying to see if it does work.

-=Tobias

Niklas Åhden Members

Niklas Åhden
  • 242 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 12:01 PM

Hi Tobias,

Yes I know, but if I run into problems after upgrading with something else the conversation will look like this:

1) Me: Im having trouble with XYZ, running XenServer 6.5 SP1 with all hotfixes.

2) You: Have you tried rebooting your servers, updated the firmware and made sure you have ALL the latest hotfixes?

3) Me: Yes I have tried everything, I even re-installed from scratch and still im having trouble with XYZ.

4) You: Are your servers on the HCL?

5) Me: No they're not, remember the XenDPriv.exe-problem I had on my ~120 VMs?

6) You: Well, go away, your hardware isnt on the HCL so its your problem!

And I'll cry a little bit before reverting back to 6.2 where I had the XenTools-problem ;-)
//Niklas

Mike Johnson Members

Mike Johnson
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:40 PM

Try this at your own risk(Which did work for me!!)

Check the following registry key and make a note of Logoffchecksysmodules key, which is typically "Xendpriv.exe" 

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\wfshell\TWI

Go to folder when Xentools is installed, typically c:\Program files(x86)\Citrix\Xentools and note the file name for XendPriv.exe, if you have uppercase P here and lower case p in Registry, change the file name to xendpriv.exe

Reboot and that should fix it!!

Logoffchecksysmodules registry value is case sensitive which of course is not mentioned in the article below though

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX891671

Mike Johnson Members

Mike Johnson
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 04:42 PM

Try this at your own risk(Which did work for me!!), if you can't upgrade soon and need a fix.

Check the following registry key and make a note of Logoffchecksysmodules key, which is typically "Xendpriv.exe" 

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Citrix\wfshell\TWI

Go to folder when Xentools is installed, typically c:\Program files(x86)\Citrix\Xentools and note the file name for XendPriv.exe, if you have uppercase P here and lower case p in Registry, change the file name to xendpriv.exe

Reboot and that should fix it!!

Logoffchecksysmodules registry value is case sensitive which of course is not mentioned in the article below though

https://support.citrix.com/article/CTX891671

Niklas Åhden Members

Niklas Åhden
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

I havent tried the above suggestion, but upgrading to XenServer 6.5 SP1 and all the latest hotfixes worked in our case.

//Niklas