Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Policy Modeling from studio show no results

Carsten Peukert

Question

I have a running XA/XD 7.6 environment with two controllers installed on Windows 2012R2.

The installation  has approximatly 90 Citrix Policys administrated from studio. These policys was

migrated from a productive XA 6.5 installation.

The citrix policys in the XA 7.6 environment for the user sessions works correct.

When I launch the Modeling Wizard on the delivery controller it's only show a blank page.

I have installed only the studio in a fresh installation of W2K8SR2 and connect it to the delivery

controller. There was also a blank page for policy wizard results.

I have attached a screenshot from the report of the Policy Modeling Wizard.

What can I do ??

post-3083902-0-64079100-1423491701_thumb.png

High Fintan,

the domain function level is „Windows Server 2008 R2“.

I have run with different DC connections. I tested with all DC's – nothing helps.

The .NET version on Studio Server with Windows 2012R2 is 4.5.51641.

Full new fresh Installation of Studio on fresh installed W2K8SR2.

There was definitive an other .NET Version (3.5.1).

Nothing helps in this environment - always the the same empty window.

I have tested today.

Thanks

Carsten

Hi Fitan,

what you meen with DC - domain controller or delivery controller?

There was only domain controller with windows 2012 R2 Standard.

The XenApp/XenDesktop Environment has only two productive Delivery Controller on windows 2012 R2 Standard.

There is no delivery controller on W2K8S R2.

On Windows 2008 R2 is only a managment server with access to this two delivery controller.

I installed this system only to restrain the problem. This system is only for test and not productive.

Thanks

Carsten

Seeing the same issue in two 7.6 environments, both running 2012 R2. One was an upgrade from 7.5 but the other one was a straight 7.6 build.

Tested using Stuido from Win 7 and Win 10 but the issue remains. I've also installed the Studio hotfix (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX141745) and all the Delivery Controller hotfixes (http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX141735) but it didn't help.

Is this working for anyone in 7.6? Surprised there isn't more information out there on this bug.

This is a known issue, confirmed with Citrix technical support over the past few days.  It appears the modeling wizard does not work when run against 2012 R2 domain controllers.  Did not test against 2012 but would assume the same result.  Affects 6.5 and higher versions of XenApp and XenDesktop.  To correct we added a 2008 R2 domain controller to our environment and always point the modeling wizard at this domain controller.

I do not mean to be rude but has it ever worked at all? I have never seen it working from GPMC or Studio. I still use the workaroud provided by ciitrix: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX138533

It suprises me that this article has been aroud so long and that the Citrix Software engineers are not able to fix this in the product.

But I have faith in Fitan ans trus that it will work in sometime.

I do not mean to be rude but has it ever worked at all? I have never seen it working from GPMC or Studio. I still use the workaroud provided by ciitrix: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX138533

It suprises me that this article has been aroud so long and that the Citrix Software engineers are not able to fix this in the product.

But I have faith in Fitan ans trus that it will work in sometime.

Does that work for you, Nando? CtxCseUtil is almost useless for me on version 7.6. All the options are "placeholder" or just the registry name. Does that happen to you too?

Regarding Studio, this problem is around for a while now. I didn't have the opportunity to install Hotfixe Updates 3 for Delivery Controller, released this week. I am keep my hopes...

Is there an update on this. We really need an update. I have an engineer who is desperate to move all policies to AD. Rather than Citrix Studio as he's convinved that the studio policies aren't applying. Plus now the ADMX files have been releaced, I am starting to agree.

Citrix is a great product, but If I can't run reports or test why should I use studio?