Welcome to our new Citrix community!

Question

Hi All,

I'm currently using UPM 5.2 for profile and folder redirection. On first login, users setup their Outlook 2013 account and can access email. On subsequent logins they are prompted with the Outlook setup wizard every time.

In previous versions of UPM I've used UPM settings in conjunction with MS Folder Redirection, and have never experienced issues with Outlook profiles being lost after log off. I've set policies to only allow online mode, and not create .OST's. I've also tried adding AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook to the "Directories To Sync" UPM policy, but no luck.

I've been unable to find an answer on this, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

I dont know if this will help any one but I have been having eh same / similar issue.

What I did to resolve my issue was to include the following registry keys.

outlook 2013 and up

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles"

outlook 2010 and below

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Even though I had AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook & AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook set to sync the settings etc were not being saved, well for me anyway.

Adding the above registry inclusions solved my issue.

Hope that helps anyone.

• Like 2

HI Roy,

I have got the same issue and have not found a solution yet. I have tried syncing appdata\local\Microsoft folder and also just the appdata\local\Outlook folder but even though the data is synchronized on logon and log off it does not help. I have folder redirection as well for all redirectable folders in the profile.  Even leaving the local profiles on the Xenapp server to not to delete on log off on UPM does not seem to fix the issue for me which is a bit odd. I am not sure whether the issue is specific to Office 2013. All other office sutomisations are preserved ecxept for the Outlook 2013 profile being recreated everytime for the user  by going through the wizard. I have xenapp 7.6 VDA on Server 2008R2 std with UPM 5.2 for profile management. Any help from Citrix Experts regarding this issue is appreciated as it is been driving me mad.

I have been seeing this same issue recently on our XA 7.6 on 2012r2 with UPM 5.2.  I found a link to another post about a Windows update that can cause the issue.  I am going to try this tonight and see if it resolves it.  My other test is going to be revert back to 5.1 since it seems everyone else is having the same issue with 5.2.

http://www.thepublishedapp.com/citrix-profile-management-userprofiles-not-deleted-logoff/

We are using Office 2010 so I don't think that it is related to the version of Office/Outlook.

I did some testing and found that the uninstall of the KB2993651 update, and following up with a cleanup of all the Pending folders in the UPM directories appears to have fixed the problem.  The Pending folders appeared to have a number of files that were System files and it was not cleaning them up completely.  I also found that the users profiles were listing files that were either locked or labeled as system that it gave warnings when deleting.  

At this point it looks like it is working correctly, but still following up with users.

I am having the same problem on Xenapp6.5 on server 2008R2 using UPM 5.2.1 and Outlook 2010. I have tried uninstalling the KB2993651 update but this did not help.

Each time a user creates a new Outlook profile I can see updates in the following locations in the UPM Profile

\UPM_Profile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook &

\UPM_Profile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook

But next time they logon they are prompted to setup a new profile again.

Is there an actual fix for this as I can't roll back to an earlier version of UPM due to issues with McAfee.

Please Help

Seems to be some corruption in the ntuser.dat even though the profile loads correctly and the registry hive contains the mail profile. You also won't find any helpful information in any of the log files. The same issues persists logging into RDP instead of ICA with that profile, so I don't it's a "Citrix" thing.

- Log user out of citrix

- Delete their NTuser.dat from the roaming directory where you point UPM to store

- Log user in and setup outlook so everything is righting to the new registry hive

- Properly log off users session to save back to network UPM location, verify it wrote up

- Log back on and Outlook loads without problem

I have not found a final resolution to this, but it seems to happen to at last one user after patch days

Hi All,

I'm currently using UPM 5.2 for profile and folder redirection. On first login, users setup their Outlook 2013 account and can access email. On subsequent logins they are prompted with the Outlook setup wizard every time.

In previous versions of UPM I've used UPM settings in conjunction with MS Folder Redirection, and have never experienced issues with Outlook profiles being lost after log off. I've set policies to only allow online mode, and not create .OST's. I've also tried adding AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook to the "Directories To Sync" UPM policy, but no luck.

I've been unable to find an answer on this, so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Roy, As you said, you have not experienced this issue in previous UPM, what's the version of OUTLOOK and OS? could you show us your configuration?

Hi All,

Could someone provide us detail UPM logs when the issue happened(All settings->profile management->log settings[ enable all sub policies  & set Maximum size of the log = 104857600 ]), then we could go further investgation.

BR

Wenfeng Yi

)?

Unfortunately that seems to just have been a coincidence with our test users. Users report that the issue still exists with 5.4.1 and we can also see that now with our test user again. The problem is that the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem does not roam although not contained in the exclusion list. As long as the user has a session he can open and close Outlook multiple times without issues, the key is always present. However in the ntuser.dat that is copied back to the share the key is missing when mounting the registry. We opened a Citrix case.

I have just updated a customer to 7.9 with CPM v5.4.0 and I have the same issue with Outlook and some other settings in the profile like Icon placement.  I have also noticed this users profile will not delete from the server sometimes.  I tested it early this morning and the first couple times I logged the user on and off the profile deleted and his icons stayed.  I opened Outlook, Firefox and a couple other apps and then the profile would not delete.  When the user came in and logged in he reported his Outlook folders were not the way he left them and he had to redo his signature.  After researching this for a few days it appears to be a bug in the profile manager.  This is on server 2008 R2 with Outllook 2010.  I am going to see if there is a patch out for CPM.

In desperation I have removed v5.4.1 from my server OS image and installed v4.1.5 in it's place.  I had to import the adm and create a new policy for it to recognize the settings.  I created a new delivery group for testing and the settings appear to be holding as expected.  However it seems to do that during the same day so I will post back if this fixes it for my situation after all of the servers restart in the morning.

Dear all,

We are experiencing similar issues as Roy described initially. Our environment consists of 2 XD Controllers at version 7.6.0.5028 and Windows Client VDI's with Windows 7 Enterprise X64 and Office 2010 X64.

Citrix VDA 7.6 is installed on the Windows 7 clients which comes with UPM 5.2.0.5020.

If you look at the log parser and UPM Troublelshooter no issues are detected. But for some reason Outlook settings are not saved and we're prompted at every logon to setup a new outlook profile.

Is there any hotfix or configuration issue that we're overlooking?

We're also running a XenApp 6.5 environment with Server 2008R2 and Office 2010 x86 with UPM 4.1.2.2 and runs without any issues.

Thanks in advance

Dear all,

We are experiencing similar issues as Roy described initially. Our environment consists of 2 XD Controllers at version 7.6.0.5028 and Windows Client VDI's with Windows 7 Enterprise X64 and Office 2010 X64.

Citrix VDA 7.6 is installed on the Windows 7 clients which comes with UPM 5.2.0.5020.

If you look at the log parser and UPM Troublelshooter no issues are detected. But for some reason Outlook settings are not saved and we're prompted at every logon to setup a new outlook profile.

Is there any hotfix or configuration issue that we're overlooking?

We're also running a XenApp 6.5 environment with Server 2008R2 and Office 2010 x86 with UPM 4.1.2.2 and runs without any issues.

Thanks in advance

After reverting to v4 of UPM we were no longer getting any logon data in director.  Any attempts to fix it failed and we rolled our image back to the v5.4.0 version in PVS.  This gave us back the login info in director.  One other thing we changed was the folders to exclude.  I followed a post out there to exclude certain folders and it had me exclude some appdata folders.  I think this is what broke mine.  I only exclude the folders I am redirecting.  Which are Desktop, Favorites, My documents and Documents.  Even though I am redirecting appdata I left it off the list and so far things are working like they should.  Now I am not sure why upgrading from 5.4.0 to 5.4.1 breaks the login data to director but I am going to sit tight for now and see how things go.

Hi all,

I thought I posted the resolution to the issue (at least in our case) last July. But upon receiving a call from a colleague it seems I forgot :-). The problem has nothing to do with UPM. It's McAfee Virusscan blocking access of UserProfileManagment.exe to the key.

Resolution: If you're using McAfee, you have to add UserProfileManagment.exe to the list of Low-Risk processes to fix the issue.

Regards

I dont know if this will help any one but I have been having eh same / similar issue.

What I did to resolve my issue was to include the following registry keys.

outlook 2013 and up

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Outlook\Profiles"

outlook 2010 and below

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles

Even though I had AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook & AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook set to sync the settings etc were not being saved, well for me anyway.

Adding the above registry inclusions solved my issue.

Hope that helps anyone.

V13DO