Welcome to our new Citrix community!

There is no Citrix XenApp server configured on the specified address.

Waldek Zytnia

Question

Hi. I have small farm XenApp 6.5 (2 servers CX1 and CX2 with adresses 192.168.1.31 and 192.168.1.32 and one AD controler at 192.168.1.2 all my servers are on network 192.168.1.0/24).
I have another network 192.168.2.0/24 where i have citrix Cients (ie 192.168.2.5).
When I connect to Citrix servers from network 192.168.1.0 everything works fine, but when I try to connect to My XenApp servers from second network I have problem.  I can only log in via http interface and list published applications there. When Im trying to run Virtualised Apps i get communicate: "Unable to launch your application. Cannot connect to the Citrix XenApp server. There is no Citrix XenApp server configured on the specified address."

Networks 192.168.1.0 and 192.168.2.0 are isolated but servers CX1 and CX2 and AD are exposed under addreses from 192.168.2.0 pool (so i can log in via http interface) At XenApp farm configuration servers are defined as 192.168.1.xx I Think that is the problem. I don't know how to configure servers to force them to works with clients from 192.168.2.0. My cients are works in Workgroup (AD is ussed only for Citrix Purposes in example to agregate users accounts for loging to Citrix.

J have just check firewall and see when I click on icon virtualised application there were info that connection from 192.168.2.5 client cant connect to 192.168.1.31 server. Its ok but i nedd to force Citrix to send app via 192.168.2.10 (his ip as static on Cisco router) address where he is exposed.

Can anybody help me ?

8 answers to this question

When the user clicks on an icon, Web interface or StoreFront looks up the private IP address of the least busy XenApp server and instructs Receiver to connect to the destination XenApp server's private IP using the ICA protocol. The ICA protocol uses TCP 1494 and TCP 2598.

If you are using NAT then you have a couple options:

• If Web Interface, right-click the site, click Secure Access, add a line for the 192.168.2.0 network and select Translated or Alternate. If Alternate, go to each XenApp server and run ALTADDR to set the NAT'd IP. Without Secure Gateway or NetScaler Gateway you'd need a NAT'd IP for each XenApp server.
  • If StoreFront, you would need to deploy a NetScaler Gateway appliance to proxy the ICA traffic through one NAT'd IP address.
  • Like 4

I must say that this is one of the most baffling error messages with no known resolution until now! I think I found the cause of the problem and the resolution.

The issue is with the Citrix Receiver version!  Yes, I know...hard to believe...but it is. Here is how I found out...

Our organization has an office in Eastern Europe with a local XenApp 5.0 Farm. Out of the blue the local Admin called to say they were getting the error: Cannot connect to the Citrix XenApp server. There is no Cirix SSL server configured on specified address."  After pulling my hair out, combing the internet, etc., I was able to nail it down to the issue being with the Citrix Receiver version.  We found out that a machine with Citrix 13.1 could connect without the error.  But he was using Citrix Receiver 14.2 to connect to a XenApp 5.0 Farm

So, I told him to downgrade to Citrix Receiver 13.1, for the other machines and problem solved!

Hope this helps someone from going bald early...-:)

• Like 1

hi

i have the same problem

when i run ica file at the pc at another place with internet, see this error message:

unable to launch your application. contact your helpdesk with the following information:
Cannot connect to the Citrix XenApp server.
there is no citrix xenapp server configured on the specified address

i have a mikrotik routerboard an an ActiveDirectory server with 192.168.14.2 and an citrix xenapp 6.5 server with vmware mashine with 192.168.14.13 ip's, at local client with 192.168.14.0/24 ip's dont have problem, just with outdoor client have problem

i did nat my valid ip to my citrix sever

please help me 

When the user clicks on an icon, Web interface or StoreFront looks up the private IP address of the least busy XenApp server and instructs Receiver to connect to the destination XenApp server's private IP using the ICA protocol. The ICA protocol uses TCP 1494 and TCP 2598.

If you are using NAT then you have a couple options:

• If Web Interface, right-click the site, click Secure Access, add a line for the 192.168.2.0 network and select Translated or Alternate. If Alternate, go to each XenApp server and run ALTADDR to set the NAT'd IP. Without Secure Gateway or NetScaler Gateway you'd need a NAT'd IP for each XenApp server.
  • If StoreFront, you would need to deploy a NetScaler Gateway appliance to proxy the ICA traffic through one NAT'd IP address.

Hi Carl,

I'm experiencing this error, I have the Storefront natted and this was access by the client, however after login-in in the web interface, and clicking the application users receive this error "unable to launch you application,  ....... cannot connect to the citrix xen app server. there is no citrix xenapp server configured on the specified address."

do you have a simple guide on how to setup this netscaler gateway. im really confuse on the youtube and citrix videos. 

i try creating a ticket to citrix support unfortunately im using only a 30 day trial, which they don't supports.

"Unable to launch your application. Cannot connect to the Citrix XenApp server. There is no Citrix XenApp server configured on the specified address."

This is basically because of the NAT IP issues, when you configure a public IP for a private IP you can access StoreFront from anywhere in the world and thus you can see the published apps. However when you try to connect the app you will get this error  "Unable to launch your application. Cannot connect to the Citrix XenApp server. There is no Citrix XenApp server configured on the specified address.". Because the ICA file will try to connect the application through the private IP instead of the public IP you configured, since you aren't in the same network obviously you can't establish ICA connection. 

All you need to do is open the downloaded ICA file in a notepad, change the private IP to the configured public (NAT) IP ( Ex : xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:1494) and save the file. Try this same ICA file with Receiver and you should be fine now. Otherwise as Carl told use a VPN like NS to connect with the same private network to get the application.