Photo

Error IPC Not Configured

Started by Neil Whittaker , 04 January 2013 - 11:52 AM
11 replies to this topic

Neil Whittaker Members

Neil Whittaker
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Hi , using provisioning server 6.1 we have had this issue for the last week or so. I have ensured that hotfix CTX133349 - Hotfix CPVS61E003 is applied to the provisioning servers , which it is.

However , when I go into version to create a 'New' version I get the follwowing error message:

'The IPC Interface must be configured before executing remote commands'

This error occurs on all 4 provisioning servers , there are 2 per site

ASLDhelpdesk Members

SLD Helpdesk
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Same problem. I am up to hotfix 16, which as of August, when I called them on an unrelated problem, Citrix tech support said I did not need anything beyond that.

Mitra Ahi Citrix Employees

Mitra Ahi
  • 318 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:58 PM

If PVS Server has more than one NIC, please make sure streaming NIC is the first NIC presented to the OS.

ASLDhelpdesk Members

SLD Helpdesk
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:01 PM

Our (major brand name) server does have two Broadcomm nics but as with all our servers, they are teamed using Broadcomm's Nic Teaming software, in order to get maximum bandwidth. And before you seize on that, our production PVS 5.6 server (separate from my PVS 6.1 test environment) has been working fine with Nic Teaming in place for several years now.

If by OS you're referring to the OS of my PVS server, it is Win 2008 R2 and the OS itself recognizes the nic just fine. I have full network connectivity under Windows Server, and the PVS Server piece seems to be happy with it otherwise (I have VMs streaming from my vdisk just fine)

Any other ideas?

ASLDhelpdesk Members

SLD Helpdesk
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:58 PM

A Citrix tech worked on another problem I had, and during it we got an IPC message. I believe he fixed it with these 2 reg entries.

http://forums.citrix.com/thread.jspa?threadID=312728

Nubia de Oliveira Citrix Employees

Nubia de Oliveira
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

Make sure the firewall has the proper ports open as per Link: http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX133333 and then try rebooting the servers.

ASLDhelpdesk Members

SLD Helpdesk
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:11 PM

Nope, Not applicable - firewalls were disabled.

Nubia de Oliveira Citrix Employees

Nubia de Oliveira
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Did you restart the server? I have seen at least 2 similar cases in which issue was resolved after restarting the server.

ASLDhelpdesk Members

SLD Helpdesk
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:15 PM

I don't recall if the Citrix tech had me restart after we made the 2 reg entries, but he felt the entries were needed.

Carlos Peres Members

Carlos Peres
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 03:18 PM

Restart the Citrix PVS Soap Server.

For me this fix my problem. 

Chris Zomera Members

Chris Zomera
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

Restarting the Citrix PVS Soap Server service worked for me too.

Piyush Nayak Members

Piyush Nayak
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 08:49 PM

Had the IPC error as described. Tried to Merge Disk and got error ( the versions of disk are not same).  The Management NIC Team was on top in advanced Network configuration for bindings. Closed the PVS console. Finally Citrix PVS Soap Server service restart worked for me. Thank you!