Photo

Event ID: 2005 CitrixHealthMon

Started by Brock Wickhorst , 07 March 2012 - 09:48 PM
8 replies to this topic

Brock Wickhorst Members

Brock Wickhorst
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

I am having issues with the Health and Monitoring of my 8 Xenapp 5 Servers and I was hoping someone elase hs had or knows of a solution to this issue.

Windows 2008 32Bit w/ SP1
XenApp 5 with XAE500W2K8R01 no hotfixes
Provisioned thru PVS to VMware 4.1 Virtual Hosts

Multiple times a day I can have multiple servers or multiple server failures from the Citrix Health Monitoring. It's always an Event 2205 and it's either the XML or ICA Server that errors out and then the server becomes usless until it's rebooted.

Event Type: Error Event ID: 2005 Event Text: Test threshold reached for the test XML Service test. The action to Remove server from load balance table will now be performed. The test is assumed to be in a failed state, and no more failure messages will be returned. An information message will be sent when the test is passed. Debug Information: Test failure 1. Error code: ffffffff Health Monitoring & Recovery test timed out. * The previous test result was repeated 3 more time(s). * Test failure 5. Error code: ffffffff Health Monitoring & Recovery test timed out.
Context: CitrixHealthMon

I am sure I can't be the only one with this issue and I am open to any suggestions to improve this performance as it is driving me crazy on a daily basis.

Alan Lantz Members

Alan Lantz
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:13 PM

I have the same sort of thing going on with other messages concerning timeouts of services. I at first thougth it was my image or configuration, or even AntiVirus. I'm not leaning toward network not being responsive enough with redirected forlders. Thats just a hunch at the moment. I still haven't nailed a fix. We have 20 servers and I have at least one daily lockup. I have not turned to Citrix for assistance. Was unsure whether its Citrix or Microsoft. Either way doing crash dumps is not something I look forward too. I may just invest my energy in upgrading to XenApp 6.5/2008. I'm using XenServer instead of VMWare.

Alan Lantz
SysAdmin
City of Rogers, AR

Brock Wickhorst Members

Brock Wickhorst
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

I wish I could just upgrade my system from 5.0 to 6.5 but I still require a 32bit OS due to software issues. I have seen and heard that others have this issue from 4.5 all the way to 6.0. 6.5 is still new enough that I have not heard if this issue is affecting them as well. I have not placed a Citrix call either as my service agreement has since expired due to someone not keeping on top of that contract. I was hoping this forum would help provide me some direction while the Support Contract issue is being looked after.

Alan Lantz Members

Alan Lantz
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 04:30 PM

Look in your application log and see if you see any 5612's. WMI has stopped WMIPRVSE.EXE because a quota reached a warning value. I believe this one is my root issue. I monitor my servers with multiple systems and I think WMI gets a little overwhelmed and dies. I have noticed that if I see any of these and I restart WMI/Citrix tools that my servers run a little longer. Not completely for sure this is it, but its something you could check into.

Alan Lantz
SysAdmin
City of Rogers, AR

Edited by: JOHNNIE LANTZ on Mar 8, 2012 11:50 AM

Brock Wickhorst Members

Brock Wickhorst
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 03:37 PM

No 5612 Event ID's on any of my servers.

Rufus Ramey Members

Rufus Ramey
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Thats good news. Do you have multiple PVS servers? I noticed this week that if I was doing large image copies on the PVS servers while my XenApp VM's automatically balance they can lock up. I don't have my streaming traffic segmented (I now, bad idea). Is your streaming traffic isolated from your non-streaming traffic?

Alan Lantz
SysAdmin
City of Rogers, AR

Brock Wickhorst Members

Brock Wickhorst
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:46 PM

I have two PVS Servers. One in production and one in my DR site. Both are active and balanced and working without an issue. My Streaming service has it's own VLAN and nothing else talks on this VLAN other than the streaming data.

Alan Lantz Members

Alan Lantz
  • 3,736 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

wmi seems to be my problem. Also, I was able to crash a pvs server when I did a large image copy between my two pvs servers. I believe something with your environment is causing delays. Do you ever see write delayed logged to your event logs?

I did have one additional thought. Do you have static IP's on your servers and/or a short DHCP release/renew time? A XenApp server changing IP causes havoc.

Alan Lantz
SysAdmin
City of Rogers, AR

Edited by: JOHNNIE LANTZ on Mar 12, 2012 3:45 PM

Brock Wickhorst Members

Brock Wickhorst
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:40 PM

My servers have static IP addresses on them. Nothing in the Server realm here has DHCP enabled. I have been reviewing my logs, that I save to a D Drive so I retain them, and I have not noticed any delay writing. However when the server locks up or reboots for reasons I don't know there is no log written so it's making it hard to diagnose.