Photo

Menu bar at top of screen

Started by Bill Anderson , 14 February 2012 - 07:34 PM
9 replies to this topic

Bill Anderson Members

Bill Anderson
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 07:34 PM

Please give us an option to hide the menu bar at the top of the screen. I have seen the receiver on an IPAD and it does not take up the valuable space at the top of the screen.

Nathan Elcoate Members

Nathan Elcoate
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

Yes please this is a must!

Tero Nikkarikoski Members

Tero Nikkarikoski
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 01:47 PM

This would be a great improvement!
There is a quite a bit of unused screen while Citrix receiver menu bar reserves the top of the screen and Android OS menu bar reserves the bottom of the screen.
I own also an iPad and it always irritates me to use VDI through Galaxy Tab after iPad's full screen experience.

Stan Netesanny Members

Stan Netesanny
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 March 2012 - 10:55 PM

yes, please

full screen would be a great option on Android Receiver!

Jason Wilson Members

Jason Wilson
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 02:33 PM

+1 to Full Screen on Android

Gerdo Lansing Members

Gerdo Lansing
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Totally agree.
I do not have an iPad, so I can not try.
But I do not understand why applications (not just Citrix Receiver) work different on iPad and Android.

Corin Goodier Citrix Employees

Corin Goodier
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

They work differently because the underlying OS is completely different. iOS is linked to MacOS whereas Android is Linux with Java.

Gerdo Lansing Members

Gerdo Lansing
  • 127 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

MacOS is also Unix based, as Linux is. That should not be the problem.
It probably does mean developing an application differs, but the functionality and user interface should be the same, in my opinion.

Corin Goodier Citrix Employees

Corin Goodier
  • 813 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Ah but Unix based and Linux based is a big difference. And iOS and Android are very different beasts indeed.

Del Simmons Members

Del Simmons
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

Not sure how this thread veered off into difference between core kernel of Android and iOS, because the bottom line is that has NOTHING to do with whether or not Citrix could give us back the screen space at the top of the screen.. :)

Let me add my voice to the chorus that would love to see an option added to Receiver to let us hide that menu bar at the top. I never even use it with my Asus Transformer Prime..

Heck, I wish the Android OS dev guys would let me hide the one at the bottom as well!

Thanks!

Del

Give Us feedback