Photo

How to change default Receiver access permissions

Started by Brian Kapp , 11 November 2011 - 10:40 PM
7 replies to this topic

Brian Kapp Members

Brian Kapp
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

I understand, and can do as described below, in the Receiver help. But changes made do not save between Citrix sessions. Is there a way? Say, to change Files access from "No Access" to "Full Access" once, and not have to change it for every new session.

===========================

To set access permissions to files

Session Security - Files
Use the Files drop-down menu to set access permissions of hosted applications to files located on your mapped local drive. The settings do not affect the applications’ permissions to access files located on the server.•Choose Read Only to give the application read-only access to your associated local files.
•Choose Ask Permission to have a dialog box appear before redirection requiring you to specify if redirection should occur or not.
•Choose Full Access to give the application read-write access to your associated local files. Only the Full Access option allows you to save changes to your local drive.
•Choose No Access to deny the application any access to your local files.

Edited by: bckapp@cvty.com on Jan 25, 2012 2:49 PM

Brian Bourque Members

Brian Bourque
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

Did you ever get an answer on this? We are having the same issue. Thanks!

Brian Kapp Members

Brian Kapp
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:50 PM

Afraid I did not get an answer.

Brian Bourque Members

Brian Bourque
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 07:53 PM

We think it has something to do with upgrading from a previous client without uninstalling that client. We were having problems with the USB drives not being accessible, so we uninstalled, did this:

Remove citrix clients via add/remove
Delete any “Citrix” or “ICAclient” folders in the “document and settings” folders … including in the ‘all users’ folder.
If you get a “file in use” .. in task manager .. kill “wfcrun32.exe” & “concentr.exe” then delete folders
Open Regedit and delete the “HKLM\Software\Citrix” - the whole “citrix” thingamajig
Restart computer and then reinstall the 3.1 client

And then the issue appeared to go away...we are still testing it though.

Helpful Answer

Brian Kapp Members

Brian Kapp
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

Thanks for that information.

Bounthavy Janetvilay Members

Bounthavy Janetvilay
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:17 PM

bbourque311,

Did you have success with that process? We've tried that to no avail. It's still happening. I've even tried using the new 3.2 receiver client, and still getting the same issues.

Thomas Johnson Members

Thomas Johnson
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:44 AM

I am getting same issues, Do you have fix?

Adam Rath Members

Adam Rath
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 03:01 PM

I've had to do this on about 200 machines, only fix I have found that works is uninstalling the citrix client. Searching through the registry (have fun) for citrix and deleting all registry keys associated with it, and finally delete the citrix folder. Do reboot then reinstall the client.

There are specific reg keys assigned for each version of the client, but sadly they are all in different locations.

Hope this helps.