Photo

Citrix Desktop Icon Shortcut

Started by jason howard , 23 February 2010 - 02:56 PM
3 replies to this topic

jason howard Members

jason howard
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 02:56 PM

Does PNAGENT.EXE have the ability to publish shortcuts to a folder rather than an applicartion? We do not want to publish all icons on the desktop, just a folder from inside our farm.

Is there a way to make web interface work with persistent urls that would allow us to publish a link to that folder?

Justin Holland Members

Justin Holland
  • 521 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:03 PM

Welcome to the forums! Be sure to reward those who help you to encourage responses.

I am reading your question 2 ways. And I'll answer both.

First - you want to group published applications into a folder. That is done in the properties of each application, in the "Shortcut Presentation" section. Type the name of the folder where you want the app to be, and remove the checkmark for placing the icon on the desktop. This folder name has no other implication - it's just a folder name that the users who have access to those applications will see.

Next way I read it, is that you want a published application that just opens some folder. That is possible too. Here is a Citrix article on that: http://support.citri...478&searchID=-1 We use the method of copying and renaming explorer.exe, but apparently that is a no-no now.

Not sure about your last question. Rephrase it for us.

Regards,
Justin

jason howard Members

jason howard
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:27 PM

Thanks for the feedback. Let me try to rephrase my question. We have over 750 published applications that are organized into folders. We are migrating from the 10.2 client to the 11.2 Agent combined with a Web Interface page. In the past we've been able to publish an ica file to open the folder in PN.exe. This enabled users to quickly get to applications without having to click through all the folders. What we need to do now is figure out how to publish a link that would direct them into the same folder using the latest technology. We've tried persistent URL's through WI with no luck, even using anonymous logon. If we copy the folder from an Agent running with full options on, then the shortcuts become static meaning they won't update or download new applications without manual intervention. Let me know if this makes more sense?.

Justin Holland Members

Justin Holland
  • 521 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:22 PM

Hmmm. No longer supported?

http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX121727

May be worth a call to Citrix.

Justin