Photo

Launching a apllication through Web Interface open "wfcrun32.exe /?" instead de application

Started by Juan Francisco Arrabe Murillo , 08 February 2010 - 06:54 PM
14 replies to this topic

Juan Francisco Arrabe Murillo Members

Juan Francisco Arrabe Murillo
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

Web interface 5.2.0.36 and XenAPP5 FP2.

When any user with the latest XenAPP Plugin push an application icon in the Web Interface with FireFox or Internet Explorer, the plugin launch a local window with the "wfcrun32.exe /?" content istead an ica connection. However the Java Plugin runs well.

I have used "wfica32 /setup", but the problem continues...

Anyone Know any solution?

Attached Files

Nicholas Tucker Citrix Employees

Nicholas Tucker
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 09:02 PM

Try to Save Target As, and save the launch.ica file to your desktop. Then select open with, and use Wfica32 to open the file. Let me know if that works. If so, then we can take a look at your file association type.

• 14 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:05 AM

Downloaded ICA files works fine when are downloaded when Web interface is not in the Trusted Sites. Firefox and IE with Web Interface within Trusted Sites doesnt work.

Client 11.0.150 works also.

Nicholas Tucker Citrix Employees

Nicholas Tucker
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:21 PM

We have an issue with placing the sites in Trusted zones, the best option is to place them in Intranet Zone. Let me know.

• 14 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 03:17 PM

Web Interface URLs in Intreanet Zone is the by default behavior of our Windows XP clients but the problem continues. I have deployed 11.0.150 client with failback to Java while i search a solution.

• 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 06:44 PM

The problem continues... and we have not use HDX in XenDesktop because we are using the 11.0.150 old client.

David Thomas Members

David Thomas
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:28 AM

Im getting the same problem with the Citrix Online plug-in v12 and firefox.
when I click to launch applications I get WFCRUN32 command line option page displayed.

Web Interface works on the same PC when i use Internet explorer.

I cant save the an ICA file from Web interface as this feature was removed from Web interface 5 onwards, and i dont think firefox ever let you save the ICA file it always saved the launcher.aspx anyhow.

David Thomas Members

David Thomas
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 10:11 AM

I managed to correct this issue. Inside firefox under Tools, options, Applications the ICA file type was set to open with ICA Client (inside Firefox) I changed this to Use Citrix (default) and it started to work all ok.

Richard Peace Members

Richard Peace
  • 32 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 12:27 PM

I have the same issue with Internet explorer it's giving me a headache!!!!! can the same be done for IE8????

Mike Hunt Members

Mike Hunt
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:59 AM

Can you check to see whether you have the 8.3 ntfs turned on or off http://support.microsoft.com/kb/121007 ?
Change the value on the client, delete the users profile and then test again..

Johan Greefkes Members

Johan Greefkes
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 06:55 PM

I have the same problem from a few machines. Launching published apps from 5.3 web interface launches wfcrun32.exe /? but launching apps from a 4.x web interface works fine. Also launching a saved ICA file works fine.

I have checked on this Windows XP workstation that disable8dot3 is set to 1....

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Ivan Velikov Members

Ivan Velikov
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:11 PM

Hello guys,

i have exactly the same error message from the time our WI is upgraded up to 5.0.
Following all the troubleshooting steps that are described here didn't worked for me and i have really no more ideas why i cannot steadily download and run ica file.
Additionally i have some strange exception,....,these ica files are correctly downloaded and started when i am trying to connect from a PC with local user logged in /no matter whether the user is with administrative rights or not/. Because this is not acceptable for us we are trying to run the same ica files with domain users logged in and that is the time when the same error message appears.
If you ask we made a lots of tests where we bypass the proxy servers, remove any firewall rules, remove any GPO objects that are inherit from the parent domain and there is still no results.
All the test are made with Mozilla Firefox 3.6.3, IE6 SP3, IE7 and IE8.

I will be very graceful if any of you could give me a fresh idea - what to check for, what to change and so on,...

Thank you in advance,....

Allan Harder Members

Allan Harder
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

I was chatting with another Citrix admin today that came across this issue in their environment. He said it was a GPO that was causing it. Once the GPO was removed, the WFCRUN32 command line options screen problem went away.
Problem is, he couldn't remember what GPO setting was causing the issue. If I find out what GPO it was, I'll post it here.

Ivan Velikov Members

Ivan Velikov
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 06:26 AM

Well,
i had the same supposition a week ago, but left that idea when i removed all of the inherit GPOs on one OU and moved special test computer and user accounts in it. There was no result, so the only thing that is possible for me is software incompatibility,....

At the moment i have brand new Windows XP SP2, patched till 29.09.2010, member of the domain with all of the GPOs applied and there is no problem. Working just fine in the same situation where the production machines and users fail. The only difference is that i am installing all the software one by one, while in the other case we usually use image file with specific program set. When i install all the programs that we normally use i will write again for results,....

In spite of this i am interested in the GPO setting that could cause a the problem,...

Sacha Thomet Members

Sacha Thomet
  • 86 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:19 AM

I've tried to disable the Citrix ICA Client Active X Control and that seems to work ... But Single-Signon and Pass-trough authentication won't work. Has somebody an other idea?

Edited by: Sacha Thomet on 13.05.2011 07:53

Attached Files

Give Us feedback