Photo

Citrix Applications fail to launch through the Web interface

Started by Anthony Harricharran , 07 December 2009 - 07:19 PM
3 replies to this topic

Anthony Harricharran Members

Anthony Harricharran
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:19 PM

This issue keeps reoccuring and I am unable to determine a cause. When the user clicks on an application to launch any application, the hourglass flashes and dissapears a couple of seconds later. This also happens with the PN agent as well. The users have raoming profiles and the only way I have found for correcting the issue is to delete the profiles. I have tried deleting the temporary citrx items but this does not correct the issue. We also use RTO vprofiler on the machines and as an attempt to resolve the issue we have installed the Microsoft User Hive cleanup service.

Stephen Webb Members

Stephen Webb
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:55 PM

I have the same issue. Have you had any success with this yet? Mine is pretty spiratic thus far. I am doing a new Citrix installation on ZenApp 5, with a WI (latest). When i log in i see the apps just fine, but then i go to launch Outlook 2003 for example and i see the loading, launching small window, and then nothing happens. then i might be able to launch say Word or Excel, then try Outlook again and it works... I had been seeing a lot of the 1500 and 1508 event ID's when trying to launch Adobe. But now Adobe seems fine, and i'm not seeing any event ID's, even when the apps don't launch :( Now i logged in and Outlook launched just fine... Ugg.

I'm running this on ZA 5 on W2K3 SP2 servers, Latest WI version, Windows and TS roaming profiles.

Edited by: Stephen Webb on Jan 4, 2010 1:04 PM

JEFF PITSCH Members

JEFF PITSCH
  • 7,670 posts

Posted 05 January 2010 - 03:19 PM

I have a client with the same exact issue. Rebuilding the profile makes everything work again. We are also using RTO's vProfile product and we are thinking it's actually a problem with that.

Anthony Harricharran Members

Anthony Harricharran
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

We were able to identify the cause of this problem. The RTO Vprofile does not replicate blank registry keys. For some users the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Lockdown Profiles\All Regions\Preferences is blank at times and does not get replicated. The nexty time they try to run the Citrix it fails because the preferences key is missing. RTO should release a fix this week. (I also think Citrix should fix it with their client as well). However in the mean time you can either
1) Delete the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Citrix registry hive, this will recreate when the user runs Citrix.
2) Add a dummy value under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Citrix\ICA Client\Engine\Lockdown Profiles\All Regions\Preferences

This was a pain to figure out but hopefully it will help others.

Give Us feedback