Photo

Suppress PNAMain.exe or remove altogether?

Started by Steve lundy , 10 November 2008 - 03:59 AM
3 replies to this topic

Steve lundy Members

Steve lundy
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 03:59 AM

Been working on deploying v11 to some clients via zenworks, and am running into a block. When I install the v11 client it automatically tries to login to a webserver and thus throws and error since we don't use that part. I've got it set to remove the app from the startup folder after deployment, but can't seem to get rid of pnamain starting once the program is installed. My only option at this point is to do a taskkill after the deployment.

I've done an administrative installation and unchecked that component but it still installs and I can't find anything using orca or AdminStudio where I can tell the app to not start pnamain after installing.

Any one have any better ideas other than taskkill??

Karon Walkner Members

Karon Walkner
  • 443 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 05:30 PM

Is this an upgrade or fresh install?
If an upgrade, best bet is to uninstall the client altogether. Delete the citrix directory and remove all references to icaclient and citrix from the registry. Reboot and install.
If this is fresh, someone else will need to advise you. We haven't gone to 11 yet becuase of the number of issues I have seen on the forums.

Rakesh Sahins Members

Rakesh Sahins
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

I think I'm having a similar issue. Downloaded XenAppHosted.msi, used msiexec /a C:\XenAppHosted.msi to repackage the msi to a single file so that it deploys silently and only the Web Client.

The use Active Directory to assign the package to a User / Group, downloads and installs at logon (says installing managed software Citrix XenApp Hosted... something). After that it shows the windows desktop where it then starts another install which I think is actually the Web Client part.

Now, after that's all gone thru it asks me of the name of my Published App server. I can see an icon in the taskbar which I believe is the PN AGent even though I asked it not to install the Client.

I've downloaded Orca and looked at my re-compiled MSI, if I select Condition, I can see various parameters on the right hand side, some same UPGRADE and others say Not Installed (see attached). Problem is that there are multiple entries in for the same Client so which one do I configire to stop the MSI from installing all but the Web Client?

I'm sure if this is the answer to your problem as well.

Attached Files

Andrew Prince Members

Andrew Prince
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:14 AM

Rakesh,
I've done the exact same thing with the same problem. Please let me know if you have found a solution. This evening I just installed Orca and am attempted to learn how to use it to prevent the PNAgent from installing. What I have done (with no luck)...

msi /a .....
edited the src and ini files to configure the client to auto-setup for my connection requirements
added the msi package to Active Directory Software Install
the PC boots and loads the new configure, but the PNAgent is installed (not wanted)

msi /a .....
edited the src and ini files to configure the client to auto-setup for my connection requirements
repackaged all files into a single msi file
added the msi package to Active Directory Software Install
the PC boots and loads the new configure, but the PNAgent is installed (not wanted)

Now I will try to use ORCA to create a MST file which I can add to the AD policy (not sure if it will work)

let me know if you've solved the problem

Give Us feedback